Available for March 2013 Pledge
Money $marts with Jonathan Pond
A 90-minute Public Television Pledge Event Special Especially for Your Members Hosted by Jonathan Pond, Produced and Presented by WMHT
Making smart money decisions. The program title, Money Smarts, is intentionally a double entendre. For many of your members, money does "smart," in the same way a sharp pain smarts. The purpose of the program is to help members supplant those smarts by making smarter (shrewder) money decisions.
The economic, investment, job, and housing landscapes have undergone fundamental changes over the past several years, and individuals and families need to alter their approaches to achieving and maintaining financial security. The media paints a dour picture of our prospects, but it's really based upon money decisions that individuals make every day.
|Money $marts with Jonathan Pond|
|Length/Format:||60 minutes approx. with 3 acts/3 breaks
|Pledge Event:||HD Pledge Event|
|Length/Format:||90 minutes approx. with 3 acts/3 breaks|
|Rights:||Unlimited releases beginning February 18, 2012 through April 15, 2013|
|AVAILABLE TO ALL STATIONS|
|Producer/Presenting Station: WMHT TV|
A plan for all seasons. Financial security is not based on how much you earn; it is based on what you do with what you earn. Money $marts with Jonathan Pond lays out a plan for getting back on track financially in a way that protects you and your loved ones no matter what happens in the future. The program is organized around six topics:
- Protecting your money during tough economic times
- Keeping your eyes on the retirement prize
- Taking control of your debt and big ticket items
- Set it and forget it - controlling the controllable in your financial life
- Investing - the focal point of your financial future
- The five keys to a secure financial future
Experts aplenty. Each of the six program topics (two each within the three segments) begins with a tutorial by "Professor Pond," replete with graphics that help explain important points. Then, it's time for Q&A, including many taped "person on the street" questions. Jonathan teams up with two public television favorites. Greg Sherwood is Jonathan's sidekick during the program and Lyn May assists in the pledge breaks. WMHT brings its vast and enviable capabilities to bear in handling the production.
Money $marts will be available to all stations beginning February 18, 2012.
- New program content. Many rules about money have changed forever. This all-new program presents new ways to approach your financial life amidst a changed and still-scary economy.
- Exclusive premiums. All premiums, including the companion book, are public broadcasting exclusives. See below for pricing.
- Ninety-minute program length. The program and breaks aggregate 90 minutes and provision is available for local opt-ins .
- Program format. High definition and closed-captioned. (Standard definition will also be available)
- Presenting station. WMHT
- Rights period. February 18, 2012 through April 15, 2013, unlimited broadcasts
- Promotional assistance. Promo is included with the program feed, premium samples will be sent upon request.
“Money is what fueled the industrial society. But in the informational society, the fuel, the power, is knowledge. One has now come to see a new class structure divided by those who have information and those who must function out of ignorance. This new class has its power not from money, not from land, but from knowledge.”
John Kenneth Galbraith
Jonathan is ably assisted throughout the program by two public television pledge stalwarts, Greg Sherwood and Lyn May.